- 1 How much does it cost to replace a faucet cartridge?
- 2 How do you remove a single handle faucet cartridge?
- 3 How do you take apart a Kohler single handle faucet?
- 4 How do you remove a Kohler single handle bathroom faucet?
- 5 How do you take apart a Kohler faucet?
- 6 How do you remove a screwless faucet handle?
How much does it cost to replace a faucet cartridge?
While you can replace a plumbing cartridge yourself, you should have a professional plumber help you. The average cost to replace a shower cartridge is $240. Homeowners spend an average of $175 on labor to replace a shower cartridge, and materials generally cost $65.
How do you remove a single handle faucet cartridge?
Unscrew the nut with an adjustable wrench. You’ll see a plastic cylinder with a stem on top. That’s the faucet cartridge. Remove the Handles and Nuts
- Use a screwdriver to remove each screw.
- Set the screw aside.
- Carefully pull straight up on the handle.
- Repeat for the other handle.
How do you take apart a Kohler single handle faucet?
Replace the Valve in a Single Handle Faucet
- Turn off the water to the faucet.
- Remove the plug button from the handle (Fig.
- Loosen the screw underneath the plug button to remove the handle (Fig.
- Unscrew the bonnet counterclockwise to expose the valve and the mounting nut; the bonnet should remove easily by hand (Fig.
How do you remove a Kohler single handle bathroom faucet?
Single-Handle Bathroom Sink Faucets – Handle Removal
- Using a bladed screwdriver, gently pry off the plug button under the handle, taking care to protect all finished surfaces.
- Using a 1/8″ hex wrench, loosen the setscrew securing the handle to the valve stem.
- Lift off the handle.
- Unthread the bonnet to expose the valve.
How do you take apart a Kohler faucet?
Search under the sink or cabinets for the water main control. Turn the handles of the water main at least half a turn to the left to shut them off. Push the faucet handle all the way into the “up” position. Insert the hex key into the star-shaped hole and turn it counterclockwise until the faucet comes loose.
How do you remove a screwless faucet handle?
Once you find the necessary tools, you’ll need to follow these steps to remove the screwless faucet handle successfully.
- Step 1: Turn off the water.
- Step 2: Remove the cap on top of your faucet.
- Step 3: Remove the hidden set crew.
- Step 4: Remove the faucet handle.
- Step 5: Rinse off mineral deposits.