- 1 How do you remove fluorescent light covers without clips?
- 2 How do you remove a ceiling light fixture without screws?
- 3 How do you remove a plastic square ceiling light cover?
- 4 How do you remove a strip light cover?
- 5 How do you remove the acrylic cover on a fluorescent light fixture?
- 6 How do I remove a ballast cover?
How do you remove fluorescent light covers without clips?
If your kitchen is lit by a single fluorescent bulb instead of several, its cover may be held in place with a nut on the side. Use pliers or a wrench to twist this nut counterclockwise. When it comes off all the way, you can slide the bulb cover away from the nut.
How do you remove a ceiling light fixture without screws?
Tease a flathead screwdriver or a knife between the base of the light fixture and the wall/ceiling. Move the tool up and down until there is a big enough gap for you to get your fingers between the base and the wall/ceiling. Pull the fixture off of the springs with your hands.
How do you remove a plastic square ceiling light cover?
How To Remove Square Light Fixture Cover (Easy Steps)
- Turn Off The Lights. The first thing you need to do is turn off the lights.
- Climb The Ladder And Put On Your Goggles.
- Take Out The Square Glass Fixture.
- Take Out The Bulb.
- Screw Back The Fixture.
- Clean The Glass.
How do you remove a strip light cover?
Push the cover up and slide it off the light fixture.
- For the best result, start at 1 end of the light fixture.
- If metal tabs hold the cover in place, push the tabs up with pliers, then pull the cover towards you to remove it.
How do you remove the acrylic cover on a fluorescent light fixture?
To remove an acrylic cover from a fluorescent light fixture, push up on one of the short ends of the cover while supporting the other short end with your other hand. As you push up on one short end, angle that end of the cover up into the light fixture a little bit.
How do I remove a ballast cover?
Remove the Cover Plate Locate the wiring cover plate, usually in the center of the fixture. On either side of the cover, there will be tabs that catch in slots in the fixture. Squeeze the sides of the cover inward to slip the tabs out of the slots, and pull the cover down. This will expose the ballast and its wiring.