- 1 How do you remove a plastic ceiling light cover?
- 2 How do you remove plastic ceiling light covers without screws?
- 3 How do you remove the plastic cover from a fluorescent light?
- 4 How do you remove a strip light cover?
- 5 How do you remove a square ceiling light cover?
- 6 How do I remove a ballast cover?
- 7 How do you remove fluorescent light covers without clips?
How do you remove a plastic ceiling light cover?
Access the plastic ceiling light, using a stepladder. Remove the plastic light shade by twisting it counterclockwise. Alternatively, loosen the fitter screws around the light base to remove the shade.
How do you remove plastic ceiling light covers without screws?
- Tease a flathead screwdriver or a knife between the base of the light fixture and the wall/ceiling.
- Move the tool up and down until there is a big enough gap for you to get your fingers between the base and the wall/ceiling.
- Pull the fixture off of the springs with your hands.
How do you remove the plastic cover from a fluorescent light?
Removing a Wraparound Fluorescent Light Cover The sides of the lens sit on a ledge with a small lip, and you can push it out of place easily. To remove a wraparound fluorescent light cover, simply grab one long side, push up, and then pull it down.
How do you remove a strip light cover?
Push the cover up and slide it off the light fixture.
- For the best result, start at 1 end of the light fixture.
- If metal tabs hold the cover in place, push the tabs up with pliers, then pull the cover towards you to remove it.
How do you remove a square ceiling light cover?
Use a screwdriver to take out screws holding covers attached to the ceiling. Some covers swing downward on a hinge or hinges, which hold the cover while you change out the bulb underneath. Other cover styles remove completely from the fixture.
How do I remove a ballast cover?
Remove the Cover Plate Locate the wiring cover plate, usually in the center of the fixture. On either side of the cover, there will be tabs that catch in slots in the fixture. Squeeze the sides of the cover inward to slip the tabs out of the slots, and pull the cover down. This will expose the ballast and its wiring.
How do you remove fluorescent light covers without clips?
If your kitchen is lit by a single fluorescent bulb instead of several, its cover may be held in place with a nut on the side. Use pliers or a wrench to twist this nut counterclockwise. When it comes off all the way, you can slide the bulb cover away from the nut.