- 1 How do you get tea stains out of Tupperware?
- 2 How do you get stains out of plastic tumblers?
- 3 How do you make cloudy plastic clear again?
- 4 How do you make plastic clear again?
- 5 How do you get stains out of white plastic?
- 6 How do you get ice tea stains out of plastic?
- 7 How do you clean plastic with vinegar?
- 8 How do you clean a cloudy plastic rain cover?
- 9 How do you clean a cloudy plastic blender?
- 10 How do I clean clear cloudy vinyl?
- 11 Does baking soda harm plastic?
- 12 Does Retrobrite work on clear plastic?
- 13 Can you polish clear plastic?
How do you get tea stains out of Tupperware?
Mix baking soda and table salt in equal parts and add enough clean water to make it into a thick paste. Scrub the stained area with a clean cloth or sponge dipped into the paste until the stain is gone and rinse well.
How do you get stains out of plastic tumblers?
Make a solution of water and bleach, using one tablespoon of bleach per cup of water. Let the containers and other items soak in the solution for one or two hours. After the stains are gone, wash the containers thoroughly, rinse, and dry.
How do you make cloudy plastic clear again?
Soak the plastic item in a small bucket filled with vinegar for five minutes. If the cloudiness continues, sprinkle the item liberally with a layer of baking soda and immerse it in the vinegar bath. This should dissolve the film that clings to the plastic and creates that cloud.
How do you make plastic clear again?
You can polish your plastic items and make them clear and shiny again with special cleaning products and common household items.
- Squeeze a bit of toothpaste onto a soft cloth or dip the cloth into a paste of baking soda and water.
- Rub the cloth over your plastic in a circular motion.
How do you get stains out of white plastic?
Forte’s recipe for stain removal: 1 tablespoon of chlorine bleach to 1 cup of water. Pour to just above the level of the stain or put the solution into a container large enough to hold your plastic item. Soak for 30 minutes or until the stain is gone. Then, rinse in warm soapy water.
How do you get ice tea stains out of plastic?
We have the secret for you:
- Fill the plastic container with water (or submerge/coat in water).
- Add two tablespoons of dry or liquid dishwasher detergent (not dishwashing soap).
- Let the mixture sit for about 15-45 minutes, depending on the size of the stain.
- The stains should lift right off the plastic.
- Repeat if needed.
How do you clean plastic with vinegar?
The method: Make a solution of water and vinegar using 1 tablespoon vinegar per 1 cup of water. Pour into the container and let the solution sit for 1 to 2 hours. Wipe clean, rinse, and dry.
How do you clean a cloudy plastic rain cover?
To clean foggy plastic, wipe it down first with a mixture of soap and water. If that doesn’t help, you could soak or wipe away the fogginess with a combination of vinegar, baking soda, and possibly water.
How do you clean a cloudy plastic blender?
If cloudiness remains, fill the container with a cup of white vinegar and water: A vinegar bath helps cut through any lingering film and helps give your blender container a crystal clarity. Add a cup of white vinegar and fill the rest of the way with warm water. Let it sit for several hours or overnight.
How do I clean clear cloudy vinyl?
Another way to clean cloudy plastic is to use a paste of baking soda plus vinegar. After you have done the initial pass-through with soap and water, sprinkle in about a 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and drip in enough hot water to create a paste. Scrub gently with a coarse (not abrasive) sponge and add a bit of vinegar.
Does baking soda harm plastic?
A baking-soda paste removes stains from plastic and rubber utensils. You can scrub stained plastic storage containers with a paste of lemon juice and baking soda. Renew old sponges, nylon scrubbers, and scrub brushes by soaking them overnight in a solution of 4 tablespoons baking soda to 1 quart water.
Does Retrobrite work on clear plastic?
Simply apply Retro-Brite to yellowed plastics and cover, expose to sunlight for 8-12 hours, then wash and dry it! Works great on ANY yellowed plastics including colored plastics!
Can you polish clear plastic?
While scratch marks in clear plastic can be inconvenient, there is a way to remove both light and slightly deeper markings up to. 5 mm in depth. Place a small amount of metal polish on a dry cloth and gently rub it over the plastic in a circular motion to restore shine to the area, as the sandpaper can make it dull.